What does it mean?
Conserving energy needs to be on everyone's mind. Managing the energy you use is certainly possible, and can mean big savings. Usually, the changes you make in order to increase efficiencies is good for the environment too. What can we do?
Westridge Electric can help in this area with many good products:
- Timers for outdoor receptacles that can turn on or off as needed.
- Dimmers that will increase the life expectancy of your light bulb and give you energy savings and mood lighting as well.
- Motion or occupancy sensors to turn on lights and keep them on when you are in a room and turn them off when you leave.
- Electronic thermostats for heating and air conditioning.
- Ceiling Fans to circulate your air in your house, which will reduce your utility bills and give you added comfort.
Here's the trick to this: Have them push air down in the summer to give you a cooling effect and have them force air up in the winter to move the warmer air off the ceiling and down the walls. (This way you won't get a breeze effect.)
- LED and compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) bulbs will save you money on your electricity bill. And they will save you enough to pay for the initial upfront costs over incandescent bulbs. They're a good investment.