Regular home electrical inspections will ensure your home’s electrical system is safe and up to current electrical code standards. A home’s electrical system is constantly working and like anything else, it will eventually wear out and fail. Unfortunately, failures in an electrical system can be catastrophic, leading to fire and electrocution hazards.
An electrical inspection of your home should be a priority if your home is older than 15 years, or you are considering the purchase of a new home. This is especially true if the home has any renovations, including a finished basement. Visit our blog to learn the circumstances when you should make a home electrical inspection a priority.
Westridge Electric Home Electrical Inspections
The professionals at Westridge Electric offer basic electrical home inspections as part of each service call at no extra charge to our customers.
The inspection includes:
- Inspection of the electrical panel for age, connections and operation.
- Verification of grounding.
- Verification of safety devices such as GFI and ARC fault protection are in place and operational.
- Testing of smoke detectors
- Checking for aluminum wiring
- Inspection of switch and wall outlet connections and operation
- Inspection of outdoor lighting and outlets
- Inspection of attic and basement wiring
- A detailed report of all code and/or safety issues requiring attention
Westridge Electric can also perform a more thorough Electrical Inspection for insurance purposes at an additional cost.